Sunday 2 January 2011

Resolution

A friend v.kindly gave us a bottle of bramble brandy shrub last month which we've been enjoying both over ice-cream and just ice.  Today, however, we got more adventurous and tried it out in a cocktail (I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions, but this year I'm intending to drink more cocktails). 

Unusually, it doesn't have a cocktail name (being just called Blackcurrant Shrub) but it's very quaffable.  We did it with gin rather than another botanical, and Cointreau, and also omitted the rosemary (our rosemary bush took umbrage at being moved this summer, so we're rosemary-less) but it was still good.  I know a cocktail is getting a seal of approval when OH necks it quicker than I do.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the cocktail cabinet! Looks amazing, might try that cocktail myself - I like your resolution too

    ReplyDelete