Saturday 20 August 2011

Mirror, mirror

Been doing some experimenting with shisha stitch for a pre-college project (on the theme of Reflection).  I was partially inspired by Erratic Needle's lovely post, particularly by the stitch which I've done in green here.  I've seen it called Pinwheel and also American Shisha, so have no idea which is right.  Roll on September and having access to a whole library full of textile books.


Thought I'd go all out with a shiny metallic piece (the two biggest circles are still mirrors, just reflecting colours from around them).  Sewing with metallic thread on stretchy metallic fabric was easier than I'd expected, and like the way the mirrors become part of the whole piece.

1 comment:

  1. Love the green one. could you please share how to do that..

    ReplyDelete