Monday 30 August 2010

Cock-a-hoop

Think I'm only posting these earrings to torture myself - I made them a couple of weeks ago and on the first time of wearing I lost one of them.  I tried, unsuccessfully, to find it so have been left with visions of it lying in a gutter, lost and forlorn.

I'd make another one, but the hoops were customised from another pair of earrings and I've never seen them for sale on their own.  May just have to convert the remaining one to a pendant so it can live on.

The design was inspired by peacock feathers - have a strong dislike of the birds* but I love the colours in their feathers. 

* I dislike all birds, to greater or lesser degree, but my view of peacocks wasn't helped when someone once told me a story of a country house wedding where there were peacocks on the lawn during the champagne reception.  Apparently peacocks hate images of themselves which is unfortunate as the florist had used mirrors in the flower arrangements: a huge peacock fight kicked off with feathers and flowers and guests all fleeing in various directions.  Still, I guess it's slightly classier than the traditional wedding fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment