Wednesday 25 May 2011

Prism 2011

Cenote Series by Rachel Gornall.  Photo from rachelgornall.co.uk
Another inspiring exhibition today: just got back from up close :: in detail
courtesy of Prism textile group.  Lots of amazing work, some from old hands and some new, at least to me. 


Anita Bruce was showing some of her lovely knitted organic beings and also some large-scale knitting, beautiful in its simplicity. 
I'd not come across Rachel Gornall before but she does beautifully precise geometric sheers (if I were rich her work is definitely something I'd be dipping into my pocket for)
Anita Sturch does delicate expanses of what looks like cut work, reminiscent of Islamic carved screens.  There were lots more, too many to mention, but I shall be perusing the catalogue enviously over the next few days.

The exhibition closes on Saturday but if you're in that part of London (the Mall) between now and then, it's definitely worth popping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment